Hartford Investor

[+] Feedback

Change Base Text Size


Tax Center

Individual Annuity Tax Forms

The table below identifies the tax forms you may receive for your individual annuity contract(s) with The Hartford. The actual forms you will receive depend upon the activity on your contracts during the 2012 tax year. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the mailing date for your tax forms to arrive in your mailbox.

How to obtain additional copies of your forms
You may obtain a copy of form 1099-R online. Just log in image to your annuity account and go to Online Documents to view or print the form. For copies of any other forms, please contact us.

Need further assistance?
Contact your personal tax advisor for assistance in filling out your individual tax returns with the information on your annuity tax forms. If you have questions about the information on your annuity tax forms, you may contact us. Our service specialists will be happy to assist.

Helpful Links

You will receive this form if you:
Mail Date
1099-INT  Have a Safe Haven annuity account that earned interest of $10 or more during the calendar year. N/A Jan 21
1099-R  Took a distribution of $10 or more from your annuity, IRA or other tax-advantaged retirement account.  View Jan 21
1042-S  Are a non-resident alien* or foreign corporation and received gross dividends on a Hartford individual annuity account, whether paid in cash or reinvested in additional shares. N/A March 7
5498  Contributed to or had any other reportable event (rollover, recharacterization, Roth conversion) on a Traditional, Roth, SEP or SIMPLE IRA. N/A May 23

Follow us on: The Hartford on Twitter Twitter    The Hartford on Facebook Facebook   The Hartford on LinkedIn LinkedIn
  Share This:


*In general, non-resident aliens and foreign corporations with U.S. income, including income that is effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the U.S., must file a U.S. income tax return. However, if you were not engaged in a U.S. trade or business at any time during the year and if the amounts withheld satisfy your U.S. tax liability, you are generally not required to file an income tax return. Please consult a tax advisor.

1 image The IRS link will open in a separate window. The Hartford assumes no responsibility for content on third-party sites. 


This information is written in connection with the promotion or marketing of the matter(s) addressed in this material. The information cannot be used or relied upon for the purpose of avoiding IRS penalties. These materials are not intended to provide tax, accounting or legal advice. As with all matters of a tax or legal nature, you should consult your own tax or legal counsel for advice.


113853 5/13

Updated 04/30/2013
"The Hartford" is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries.